When did you last hear about news going on in your industry — and did you take note of who was telling that story, and what exactly was driving that press coverage?
When I teach my 7 Day PR Plan workshop for innovation leaders who want to cement the reputation of an innovation with press that wins them credibility, trust, and sales, I start by telling them to do one important thing first of all.
And that’s to take the time to listen.
Survey the landscape, notice who’s doing the talking — whether that’s journalists, bloggers, influencers, or pundits talking — and make a note of exactly what they’re saying.
What’s the message? Where’s the excitement?
Or, as I like to ask, where’s the lede?
If you want to secure positive press, your job to become incredibly curious; an insatiable consumer of the press around your space.
Whether you’re a product or division manager, entrepreneur or marketing pro, the right PR coverage can take your organization, innovation, or career to the next level.
You can learn more about storytelling with a purpose, and the different strategies and approaches you can use to secure PR in my new on-demand workshop for Fempeak.
This fast-paced interactive workshop will ensure you know exactly what to say, to who, and when.
p.s. — Interested in having me deliver this workshop for your organization? Schedule a call with me to discuss the possibilities today
This Week’s Best Articles on Innovation
- COVID-19: Implications For Business (Executive Briefing) – McKinsey
- How Big Companies Can Cultivate Intrapreneurs – Wharton
- To Fight The Great Resignation, Companies Need More Empathy-Driven Innovation – Fortune
- True Innovation Requires Big Tech, Academia & Government To Work Together – MIT Technology Review
- Will My Innovation Be A Success: 3 Methods For Evaluating Innovations – More Than Digital